- January 18, 2024
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The Justice Education Society (JES) created an Essential Guide for ECE educators and employers so they may become familiar with their rights and obtain a further understanding of BC Employment Laws. This workshop has been tailored to meet the needs and interests of early childhood educators. BC Employment Laws’ Basics Module Summary: This module will be tailored to provide early Childhood Educators with an introduction to BC Employment Laws and basic legal concepts.
Our hope is, at the completion of this workshop, early childhood educators and other early years professionals will come to know the following:
- When and how different employment laws apply.
- A fundamental understanding of what minimum standards employees are entitled to in the workplace.
- Knowledge about employment contracts and what to look out for when signing one.
- An understanding of their fundamental rights and options when it comes to quitting or being terminated.
- Their options for resolving disputes and seeking help.
Presenter: Justice Education Society staff
– Registration opens on December 14th, 2024
– Prior knowledge of BC Employment Laws is not required.
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days before the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
SUITABLE FOR ALL EARLY LEARNING AND CHILD CARE PROFESSIONALS
|2 Hour Workshopshow details +||$0.00 (CAD)||Goes On Sale|
December 14, 2023
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: December 14, 2023 9:30 am
Sales End: January 18, 2024 6:00 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
Venue: Online Workshop