- January 25, 2024
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
As a child care owner or manager, there are many laws and regulations you need to understand to ensure you have a positive and compliant workplace. Join us to learn more about the legal landscape and ways you can help avoid litigation. We will discuss the minimum employment standards, contract law, the BC Human Rights Code, and workplace safety.
Our hope is at the completion of this workshop, early childhood educators and other early years professionals will come to know the following:
- The basic legal obligations required of employers.
- The consequences of failing to meet those obligations and the steps available to address complaints.
- Ways you can ensure you are treating your employees fairly.
- Practical tips in creating employment contracts.
Presenter: Justice Education Society staff
– Registration opens December 19th, 2023.
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days before the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
SUITABLE FOR EARLY LEARNING MANAGERS, OWNERS, ADMINISTRATION STAFF AND EARLY LEARNING AND CHILD CARE PROFESSIONALS
|2 Hour Workshopshow details +||$0.00 (CAD)||Goes On Sale|
December 19, 2023
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: December 19, 2023 9:00 am
Sales End: January 25, 2024 3:00 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
Venue: Online Workshop