- July 18, 2020
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
“Empathy is a choice.” – Brene Brown
When we choose to empathize with somebody, we make a vulnerable choice, because we have to connect with something in ourselves that knows that feeling. When we choose to empathize with the children we work with, we choose to help them communicate the feelings they are feeling, but they cannot name. Puppets can help us by supporting our children to express feelings they otherwise might keep dormant or suppress. Puppets can put a smile on a child’s face. Puppets help adults become silly, be a child again, and explore the unknown.
Join me in this interactive workshop and learn more about empathy and puppets. Bring your creativity! You will need it to create your very own puppet.
Presenter: Oana Nistor
Suitable for early learning and child care professionals
– This workshop includes make and take. Please call us at 604-572-8032 to make appointment to pick up your make & take kit.
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you the day before the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 9:15 am, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
Venue: Online Workshop