- November 7, 2020 - November 21, 2020
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This is two part workshop:
November 7 – Part 1
November 21 – Part 2
The language we use with children reflects the values and beliefs we hold. Children mirror our language. The way we speak impacts the way we think. When we use the intentional language of possibility and growth, children and staff have the ability to strengthen their mindset, confidence, and social-emotional development. In this interactive and playful session, Karen shares research and strategies to support staff in empowering young learners through shifting mindset and language. We will discuss and practice strategies, activities, and key phrases that strengthen a growth mindset. Participants will leave feeling empowered, excited, and with concrete ideas to act on right away in their practice.
Presenter: Karen Begley
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you the day before the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 10:15 am, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
Venue: Online Workshop