- August 8, 2020
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Finding ways of living and working within the parameters of this new reality that are induced by constant change and heightened levels of anxiety, we have found ourselves at the intersection of unpredictability, uncertainty and isolation.
In the hope of discovering constructive ways of not only coping but living well together, we must focus on creating the space of compassion, understanding and care within which we are responsive to ourselves and others. We must be relational in the way we approach our practice and ethical when it comes to implications that current circumstances have on the way we collectively feel, think, and work.
This workshop’s intention is to:
– Understand the parameters of our current ways of being
– Understand the nature of anxiety and the purpose anxiety serves in human experience
– Discuss constructive ways of living with anxiety
– Rethink our ways of being and working together
– Re-evaluate the expectations we have of ourselves and others
– Seek to discover different ways of engaging and caring for ourselves and others
Presenter: Ana Vojnovic
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you the day before the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 10:15 am, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
Please note this workshop is for educators who work in Delta, Surrey or White Rock.
This workshop is supported by the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund and SurreyCares Community Foundation.
Venue: Online Workshop