- August 9, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Children are citizens of the world. They are born competent and complete and it is our duty to honour and respect their individual needs. Children’s time today is more structured than it has ever been at any point in modern history. We need to ask: are we honouring a child’s authentic needs or are we honouring the needs of the society? There is no cookie-cutter formula for honouring the authentic needs of a child. It is an art that requires selfless intention and incredible heart.
- Discuss why we need to view the child as a citizen, and how we view children in our programs and our communities
- Discover ways to value a child’s intrinsic truth, and nurture it to help them grow
- Review how we listen, honour, and celebrate children
- Recognize how observation can help us identify ways to facilitate meaningful, authentic, and engaging play for children in our spaces
- Review the importance of being a critically reflective educator
- Discuss how to be intentional with our planning and interactions
SUITABLE FOR ALL EARLY LEARNING AND CHILD CARE PROFESSIONALS
Presenter: Sarah McCarthy
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 6:45 pm, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
Venue: Online Workshop