- July 15, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Would you like to remain calm in difficult conversations? Do you want to be more skillful in navigating conflict? Tense moments come and go whether we are communicating with parents, other caregivers or staff. Resiliency skills help us to navigate difficult moments and bounce back from life events. This session is loaded with skills for working through day-to-day challenging interactions for better conversations in different settings. Whether you are in a challenging meeting, giving and receiving feedback or navigating conversations with parents or co-workers, learn the strategies that turn formal and informal leaders into mentors when it comes to communication and conflict.
From this interactive and dynamic session, participants will learn:
- How to skillfully manage your stress response
- When awareness serves you well in tense moments
- Skills to transform conflict into conversations
- When and how to de-escalate intense interactions
- The bounce back factor after difficult dialogues.
SUITABLE FOR ALL EARLY LEARNING AND CHILD CARE PROFESSIONALS
Presenter: Shannon Gander
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop.. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 6:45 pm, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
Venue: Online Workshop