- January 4, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
According to Health Canada, we will not go back to what life was like before January 2020 soon. We need to plan a new normal for our work with children and their families. The new normal depends on several unknowns which cause further stress and anxiety. It is not possible to protect children from the ups and downs of life. Raising resilient children, however, is possible and can provide them with tools they can use to respond to the challenges of life. Research tells us that among the most influential and positive role models in the lives of resilient children, outside of the family circle, are educators. This workshop will provide information on creating a positive environment and handling stress in ways that increase resilience among children, their families, and child care providers. We will discuss strategies to manage stress in predictable, moderate, and controllable ways.
Please note this workshop is for educators who live or work in Delta, Surrey or White Rock.
Presenter: Malgosia Tomanik, M.Ed.
– This is a free workshop, however registration is required.Registration for this workshop opens on Wednesday, November 25, 2020. Please call our office at 604 572-8032 to register.
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 6:45 pm, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
This workshop is supported by the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund and SurreyCares Community Foundation.
Venue: Online Workshop