- January 7, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
This workshop will remind participants of capacities that children have before they even enter our child care centres; these capacities should be welcomed and nurtured in order to create a pedagogical context of trust and respect. Annabella will focus on the divergent thinking skills that children possess and will share with educators diverse strategies for keeping these skills ignited while re-igniting their own divergent thinking. Participants will also be introduced to the practice of the Imaginative Education theory.
- Well-being and belonging
- Joy in relationships with people, place, materials and ideas.
- Culture and worldviews.
- Indigenous voices and perspectives.
- Diversity and difference.
- Family composition and gender orientation.
- Safety and respect.
- Nourishment, sleep, and physical activity.
- Emotions, thoughts, and views.
- Every child is a gift.
- Interests and inquiries.
SUITABLE FOR ALL EARLY LEARNING AND CHILD CARE PROFESSIONALS
Presenter: Dr. Annabella Cant
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop.. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 6:45 pm, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
Venue: Online Workshop