- March 3, 2022
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
This online workshop focuses on how we can support children’s language development in the early years. Included will be practical, interactive strategies to help children engage and communicate with their caregivers.
Some of the topics covered will be:
• Children’s conversational styles.
• The roles caregivers play.
• Knowing how and why children communicate and how we can more effectively support them.
• Strategies we can use to encourage interaction and conversation.
• How to use rhymes and stories to help build emergent literacy skills.
• Ways of supporting families as partners in building language skills.
Presenter: Nancy Tovell
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop.. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
Venue: Online Workshop