- January 28, 2021 - February 1, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Setting up meaningful invitations that are both aesthetically pleasing and rich in sensorial potential, have the capacity to facilitate natural curiosity, critical thinking and learning processes. Through daily proposals of engaging and relevant materials, children can expand on the learning capacities as well as deepen their understanding of the world around them.
Driven by inquiry and discussion, this session will guide the participants as to how to navigate a different approach to pedagogical practice informed by newly established protocols and procedures and design alternative ways of engaging children through the use of objects and materials.
- Designing and facilitating meaningful and intentional explorations for children with the focus on sensorial stimuli;
- Ways of engaging by honouring the quality of experience, meaning and intentions and at the same time follow current protocols and policies;
- Looking at existing elements of educational spaces as textual objects that have the capacity to engage, providing deep sensorial experiences and training the senses;
- Discovering alternative ways of proposing the objects at hand, with a focus on movement and aesthetic pause;
- Examples of what can be done and how to go about the process;
- Discuss how to extend on the proposed invitations with the focus on ‘shifting’ rather than changing materials.
Please note this workshop is for educators who live or work in Delta, Surrey or White Rock.
Presenter: Ana Vojnovic
– This is a free workshop, however registration is required. Registration for this workshop opens on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. Please call our office at 604 572-8032 to register.
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 6:45 pm, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
This workshop is supported by the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund and SurreyCares Community Foundation.
Venue: Online Workshop