- Parent Workshop
November 30, 2020
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
As parents we are the navigators of our children’s lives. And while nature hasn’t exactly given us a map to go by, through great research and development we can come close. The four principles, listed below, will be used as our foundation for this map and as we go along you will see parts of this sprinkled throughout. Keep in mind, like any navigator, you will take a wrong turn, maybe you’ll need to backtrack or maybe you’ll get lost altogether; when this happens all you need to do is stop, look at your map, get your bearings and adjust your course. But whatever you do, don’t give up.
The four principles shared during this session include:
1. Nurture connection
2. Be big
3. Create containment
4. Connect to relax
Presenter: Justin Brooks
– It is a free parent education session, however your registration is required.
– This session will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you on the day of the parent education session . Please click the link ten minutes before the session begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 7:15 pm, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
– Certificates of attendance will not be given for this parent education event.
This Parent Education Session is presented in partnership with Support for Parents of Young Children Program.