- Parent Workshop
February 8, 2021
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Often times as caregivers, we are left wondering what exactly our response should be when children present with challenging behaviours. Our task in answering that query is made even more difficult by the mountains of literature encouraging us to use one strategy or another, with each successive strategy seemingly at odds with the one before. This workshop is designed to help caregivers navigate the world of discipline. We will explore how relationship with children is at the core of both how we discipline them and the behaviours they present with. That is, our relationship with children creates an incredibly important “context.” Our goal in this workshop is to understand how our discipline style and related strategies can improve behavioral challenges by allowing for a relational context that is nurturing in nature and that ultimately encourages the emotional health and well-being of our children.
Presenter: Dr. Vanessa Lapointe
– This session will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you before the parent education session . Please click the link ten minutes before the session begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 7:15 pm, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
– Certificates of attendance will not be given for this parent education event