- Parent Workshop
July 21, 2021
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Science teaches us what helps our children grow and develop. The most significant growth comes from simultaneously being challenged while being supported. As the big people in our child’s life, we get the incredible gift of holding their heart safely in our hands while they move through the trials and tribulations of growing as nature has intended.
You will learn about the natural process of healthy brain development. It’s a process that your child is likely in the middle of right now!
It’s a process that includes struggles and emotions. Understanding this process helps us accept the reality that children HAVE to struggle for their brains to grow. This knowledge helps us stay calm and cool during challenging times.
For inquires please email SPYC@options.bc.ca
– Registration Closes on July 20, 2021 at 1:00pm.
– This session will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the session. Please click the link five minutes before the session begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– Certificates of attendance will not be given for this parent education workshop.
This parent education session is presented by the Support for Parents of Young Children Program, a program of Options Community Services.