- March 20, 2023
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Don’t miss out on a chance to learn from the Justice Education Society (JES).
If you are looking to have a better understanding of BC Employment Law and your rights at your workplace this session is for you. JES has designed a series of workshops to help early childhood educators and their employers/managers navigate their legal rights and responsibilities.
JES conducted a survey of over 200 Early Childhood Educators to identify common concerns and questions. Based on the feedback, a JES team of lawyers and ECE experts have created a series of workshops for employees and employers/management. These workshops cover a range of legal issues such as:
- Employment Standards
– Overtime, vacation, severance, paid breaks, etc.
– What are my rights when taking maternity leave?
- Gender, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
– Human rights in the workplace.
– How to create an inclusive workplace.
– What to do if you experience discrimination or harassment at work.
– Providing a safe, fair and compliant workplace for employees.
- Understanding legal regulations related to operating a child care centre
– Facility regulations and requirements.
– Government funding opportunities.
SUITABLE FOR ALL child Care Managers, Administrators and EARLY LEARNING AND CHILD CARE PROFESSIONALS
Presenter: Justice Education Society staff
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop.. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
Venue: Online Workshop