- Parent Workshop
June 12, 2023
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Learning how to navigate complex experiences and working with the emotions that arise from them is the core to a healthy way of living, learning and relating. Therefore, it is critical to understand growing processes that children go through so that we can in turn nurture self-care that is grounded in respectful, attuned and responsive relationships.
This parent education session will be an opportunity to revisit and re-evaluate the cultural understanding of care, what it entails and our own beliefs and intentions that guide parenting practices.
– Understand what it means to care.
– Understand the principles of self-control, self-discipline and self-regulation.
– Discuss the importance of physical and emotional environments and how they play a crucial role in nurturing healthy relationships with oneself and others.
– Discuss prevalent behavior misconceptions in both children and adults.
– Explore cultural understandings that inform families’ guidance approaches.
– Recognize alternative ways of nurturing self-discipline and self-regulation in children.
Presenter: Ana Vojnovic
– This session will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with an audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you before the parent education session . Please click the link ten minutes before the session begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– Certificates of attendance will not be given for this parent education event