- Parent Workshop
January 21, 2021 - January 28, 2021
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
2 Thursday evenings:
Part 1 – January 21
Part 2 – January 28
Within this pandemic, why are some people more at risk to COVID-19 than others? The answer lies within our immune system. This online workshop will explore the functions of the immune system and the role nature plays in building resilient kids.
- Advance eco-strategies for creating calm, curious, COVID resilient kids.
- Explore the science (immune function and inflammation) behind resilient health.
- Underscore how nature can enhance stress relief, brain development, emotional balance, reduced inflammation, and immune functions to protect against COVID 19.
- Discover how land literacy is connected to strong immunity for children and their families.
Presenter: Michelle Riddle
– It is a free parent education session, however your registration is required.
– This session will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the session. Please click the link ten minutes before the session begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 7:15 pm, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
– Certificates of attendance will not be given for this parent education event.
This parent education session is supported by the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund and SurreyCares Community Foundation.