- July 6, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Too Hot for Tots (THFT) is an evidence based, early childhood injury prevention program. During this workshop educators will:
- Learn about the common cause of burns and scalds
- Receive a Too Hot for Tots tool kit containing resources for their centre
- Receive instruction on how to implement Too Hot for Tots in their setting
The Mission of the Too Hot for Tots! program is to reduce the overall number of pediatric thermal injuries in Canada. The Too Hot for Tots! program was developed by Frances MacDougall, a pediatric nurse who worked for many years on the burn unit at BC Children’s Hospital. Too Hot for Tots is a program of the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund.
Presenter: Frances MacDougall
1. There will be no refunds issued for this workshop.
2. The cost includes a THFT Toolkit
3. There will be a half hour lunch break; please bring a bag lunch.
4. Your name and email address will be shared with the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund.
5. Registration deadline is June 24, 2019.
Venue: Child Care Options CCRR
Located directly behind the Denny’s Restaurant. Please do not park in spots reserved for our neighbours.